Walt Disney World is famous for world-class, family entertainment. The attractions, shows, shops, and resorts are second-to-none when it comes to a true world class family vacation. One thing that Disney isn’t always given enough credit for though, at least in my opinion, is the food. In the last several years, Walt Disney World has upped the food game drastically. I’ve had so many fantastic meals, snacks, and desserts over the last decade or so that it actually was pretty difficult to narrow down this list. However, in order not to bore you, the reader, to death, I’m going to keep it to five items. Here are the Best Thing(s) I Ever Ate In Walt Disney World.
Peanut Butter & Jelly Milkshake
– I’m cheating right off the bat here because this is one that you drink, not eat. But, the Peanut Butter & Jelly Milkshake at the 50’s Primetime Cafe in Disney’s Hollywood Studios is simply amazing. I’m a big fan of peanut butter and jelly, in fact I still eat it once or twice a week for lunch (yes, I’m an adult) so it should come as no surprise that I like this one. But, there’s just something about this comfort food, throwback-to-your-childhood shake that makes me want to pick one up each and every time I’m in that park. Even if you think drinking peanut butter and jelly sounds a little bit strange (and I did at first as well), I still think you owe it to yourself to give this one a shot. Oh, and if you’re not having a meal at 50’s Primetime, you can go to the lounge next door and order one of these right at the bar with almost no wait!
Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup
– There are so many things to love about Canada: hockey, Martin Short, and now the Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup from Le Cellier in Epcot’s Canada Pavilion. Made with Moosehead beer, bacon, cheddar cheese (obviously), and some other ridiculously delicious ingredients, this soup is not just the best I’ve had in WDW, it’s one of the best soups I’ve ever had anywhere! It’s the perfect kickoff to any meal in Le Cellier and on the rare occasion that you get a cold day in Epcot, it’s the best way to warm up in the entire park. I like this soup so much that I’ve made it at home several times for Super Bowl parties and it is always a huge hit!
Grilled Strip Steak from Be Our Guest
– If you’ve ever read any of my articles before, you probably think I’m a broken record by now about this steak. I’m telling you though, Be Our Guest has one of the best (and most surprising) steaks on Walt Disney World property! Served with garlic herb butter and pommes frites (I think that’s just fancy for french fries), this steak is one of my favorite ways to end a trip as my family and I usually will try to hit Be Our Guest for our last meal of our vacation before checking out the next morning. Not only is the steak amazing, the atmosphere of the restaurant is fantastic and I don’t think anyone in my group has ever had something they didn’t like while there. I’d say pair the steak up with a nice Chimay beer and you’ll be good to go!
German Soft Pretzel
– Yes, the Mickey pretzel is all the rage in Walt Disney World. And, yes, there are fancy-schmancy pretzels in the parks now that are stuffed with cheese or ham and other things. But for me, there’s no pretzel that can ever beat the ones sold at the Germany Pavilion in Epcot’s World Showcase. I think it might be the combination of the several scoops of butter these seem to be made with and the loads of salt that top them off, but my mouth is watering right now as I’m writing this and I’m honestly thinking of Googling “Germany soft pretzel recipe Epcot.” Okay, I just did! Thanks to the folks over at disneyfoodblog.com, you can make these at home if you so desire. Here’s the recipe: www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/06/27/disney-recipe-soft-pretzels-from-epcots-germany-pavilion/
Fried Chicken from Hoop Dee Doo
– In case you haven’t been paying attention (and I’m sure you have been!), The Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue has been entertaining guests for over forty years. In addition to being a fantastic and truly timeless show, the food there is absolutely amazing! My favorite thing that’s offered is the fried chicken. I can’t really even begin to explain it but I’ll try! It’s juicy, tender, crispy and spicy on the outside and perfectly cooked on the inside. Man, I’m really, really getting hungry writing this! In addition to the chicken there’s also ribs, baked beans, mashed potatoes and cornbread, and it’s all you can eat AND all you can drink beer and sangria for one price! I love the show and its cast is truly the star of the evening, but the fried chicken is easily in second place for why I go every chance I get!
So there you have it, The Best Thing(s) I Ever Ate In Walt Disney World! I’m just bringing you the top of the tip of the iceberg here, too. As I wrote in the opening, Walt Disney World is truly a food destination these days so you'll have to go for yourself to find your favorite menu items in the parks and resorts. Please let me know if there is something that you absolutely love and have to eat on each and every trip to Walt Disney World! I’d love to hear from you! Either comment on the article or send me an email to email@example.com
! Thanks again, as always, for reading!