Walt Disney World has magic and joy waiting just for you – every moment from your first through your one hundred and first visit.
Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, escaping the everyday, or simply maintaining a family tradition, there’s always a new and fantastical adventure to experience.
Aptly named, Walt Disney World is an entire world.
Within this transportive 27,258 acres of Florida space exists the epitome of family fun & fantasy.
(For anyone keeping score at home, that’s about 50 square miles. Or twice the size of Manhattan. Almost 55 times the size of Disneyland in Anaheim, California. So maybe it’s not such a small world after all…)
Walt Disney World provides the full range of enchanting possibilities that allow you to be yourself and travel rough-and-tumble like a pirate or prim-and-proper like a princess.
Any way you dream it, Disney World has what you’re looking for and Ear To There Travel, an Authorized Disney Travel Agency, can get you the very best experience with the least amount of stress – all without any extra fees for our expert services.
After all, it’s in our Pixie Dust Promise to help you make the most of your next Disney vacation at no cost to you!
Click below to request a quote, or read on to learn everything you need to know to plan your trip to Disney World.
How Many Parks Are In Disney World?
Part of the excitement of any Walt Disney World vacation is the mindblowing, jaw-dropping, to-infinity-and-beyond-amount of options available to guests of all ages.
But in order for you to take advantage of these opportunities, you need to know what they are.
Here is the overview of what you can expect at Walt Disney World, Florida:
- 4 theme parks
- 2 water parks
- Disney Springs Shopping District
- ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
- 4 award-winning Golf Courses, plus Miniature Golf & FootGolf
- 30+ hotels
- 400 restaurants
- Bus, Boat, Skyliner, or Monorail transportation
…And several partridge in several pear trees if you happen to be there at Christmas.
All of that can feel overwhelming when you’re trying to plan a vacation.
Sure, you can do it yourself.
But how do you find and sort through all those options?
Where do you even begin?
And once you begin, how do you keep up the huge amount of research involved in finding the best deals, avoid missing any deadlines, understand all the forms and reservations and and and… it’s like a full-time job!
There’s an easy answer: ask for help from someone who does do this as a full-time job.
Ask someone whose whole job it is to know all these ins and outs, to be prepared to fulfill the dreams and desires of any lifelong fan or newbie.
Ask a professional Ear To There Vacationeer.
Our Vacationeers are some of the best Disney travel agents in the biz.
Plus, OUR SERVICES ARE COMPLETELY FREE FOR YOU!
Our commission is paid directly by Disney, so we:
- Charge no additional fees to book your trip,
- Get you the best deals possible, and
- Continue to keep an eye out for better deals even after you’ve booked.
The only question you should really be asking yourself is, why wouldn’t you use our help?
Ear To There is an EarMarked Disney Travel Agency (that means we officially represent Disney) that offers completely customized itineraries and personalized elements to fit your family like a glass slipper, no matter where you’re at in your vacation planning process – again, at absolutely no extra cost to you.
How Much Does A Disney World Vacation Cost?
Regardless of whether you’re in the rags or riches part of your own Cinderella story, the Vacationeers of Ear To There Travel have the inside scoop on how to get you the best bang for your buck in every aspect of your dream vacation.
Disney World was built to create magical experiences and fun at every price point.
Every element of a Walt Disney World vacation has a variety of pricing tiers.
Read on for information about Disney World’s most essential vacation elements:
- Ticket prices
- Resort hotels
- Ticket & hotel packages
- Things to do
- Best vacation tips – including the best ways to plus up a Disney World trip, like taking a VIP tour!
If you’ve never been to Walt Disney World before – or you couldn’t tell from the overview above – this is all just the tip of the iceberg.
Remember, if you have any questions (or it starts feeling stressful and stops feeling fun), reach out to us.
That’s what we’re here for.
Disney World Ticket Prices
If you’ve been asking your friends (or the internet) “how much are tickets to Disney World?” but struggling to find a straight, simple answer, it’s because there are a ton of factors to consider.
In fact, there are currently 19 different prices just for a single-day ticket to Disney World!
Walt Disney World ticket costs vary according to:
- Time of year
- Day of the week
- Whether or not it’s a holiday or special event
- Age of the ticket holder
- Number of days you’ll be visiting
- Which parks you want to visit
- Whether or not you want any extra activities
- Whether or not you’re staying at a Disney World Resort Hotel
A single-day, single-park Disney World ticket for anyone age 10+ can range from $109-159/per day + tax.
So that’s the base cost you’re starting with.
If you purchase a multi-day ticket (options are available in up to 10-day packs, and they do expire but don’t necessarily have to be used consecutively), the price per day decreases.
Plus, there are three add-ons available:
- Park Hopper – “hop from one park to another” in the same day ($65-85 + tax and there is a system to it; see below for more information)
- Water Parks & Sports – all the bells, whistles, and extra activities offered outside the parks ($70 + tax – or you can always purchase activities individually)
- Park Hopper Plus – all of the above ($85-105 + tax)
Disney Park Hoppers
If this is your (or anyone in your party’s) first visit, we cannot recommend a Disney World Park Hopper highly enough.
For an extra fee, you can get a reservation to play in any park and then hop over to any other additional parks on the same day, rather than having to buy multiple full-price park tickets.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You can’t switch parks until after 2 pm, but after that time, you can bounce back and forth between all four major parks as many times as you’d like.
Regular Disney Genie is a free park-day planning service built into the My Disney Experience App. It provides continually updated information about how long wait times are for all of your favorite rides so you can efficiently organize and optimize your activities.
Disney Genie+ is an additional paid service within the same app. It allows you to skip the longest lines with new Lightning Lanes for 40 different Disney World attractions. You are allowed to have one Lighting Lane scheduled at a time.
You can also purchase additional, individual Lighting Lane reservations for attractions that aren’t included as part of a Genie+ purchase, such as the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and Space Mountain.
Ear To There Vacationeer Recommendation Scale:
- For Magic Kingdom: Love Genie+
- For Animal Kingdom: Like Genie+
- For Epcot: Genie+ is Decent
- For Hollywood Studios: Genie+ is Not Worth It
- For Seven Dwarfs Mine Train: Individual Lightning Lane purchase is Worth It
- For Space Mountain: Individual Lightning Lane purchase is Not Worth It
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are staying in one of the Disney World Resort Hotels, you can purchase Genie + in advance. If you are staying somewhere off Disney property, you can only purchase Genie + on the day you’re using it.
Disney World Reservations Are Not The Same As Tickets
As Beauty and the Beast taught us, it’s not a great idea to appear unannounced.
That holds true for visiting Disney World.
There are currently two steps you need to take to get into any of the Walt Disney World parks:
- Purchase your tickets
- Have a park-specific, day-specific reservation
Without having both a ticket and a reservation booked in advance, there is no guarantee that you will be able to simply purchase at the gate and get in the same day.
If you’re purchasing a park hopper, this will still hold true. You need to let Disney know in advance which park you’ll be starting in so they can account for the capacity they have available that day.
Need to know more? Confused and frustrated by the unlimited options?
We totally get it.
We’re here for you if you need us. (And remember, as per our Pixie Dust Promise, we’re completely fee-free!)
Best Places To Stay at Disney World
Walt Disney World Resorts on the Disney World property are legendary, immersive experiences that make your trip easier and more pleasurable.
With superb storytelling in every detail, magic and entertainment around every corner, plus extra perks and experiences, it’s definitely worth it to stay on property at a Disney World resort for your Disney World vacation.
They’re unequivocally spectacular and fun-filled, with great options for every guest’s style preference and budget.
As for how to choose…
The best Walt Disney World Resort Hotel is the one that meets your needs.
Are you and your family only looking for what we call the “Three S’s”? (Sleep. Shower. Swim. Aka focusing on all the parks, all the time!) If so, you might want to lean into your pirate side and select a Value Hotel.
If your “S’s” are things more like spas, shopping, and specialty stuff, you should definitely favor your princely and princessly tendencies and book a Deluxe Hotel or Villa.
Stay at a hotel that emphasizes the experiences you want your vacation to be about.
Walt Disney World Resorts List
Walt Disney World Value Resorts:
- Pop Century *Ear To There’s favorite Disney Value Resort
- Art of Animation
- All-Star Music
- All-Star Movies
- All-Star Sports
Walt Disney World Moderate Resorts:
- Caribbean Beach
- Port Orleans – French Quarter *Ear To There’s favorite Disney Moderate Resort
- Port Orleans – Riverside
- Coronado Springs
- The Cabins at Fort Wilderness
- The Campsites at Fort Wilderness
Walt Disney World Deluxe Resorts:
- Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- Old Key West Resort
- Polynesian Village Resort
- Polynesian Villas & Bungalows *Ear To There’s favorite Disney Deluxe Resort
- Contemporary Resort
- Contemporary’s Bay Lake Tower
- The Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- The Villas at the Grand Floridian
- Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Kidani Village
- Jambo House
- BoardWalk Inn
- BoardWalk Villas
- Beach Club Resort
- Beach Club Villas
- Wilderness Lodge
- Boulder Ridge Villas
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins
- Riviera Resort
- Yacht Club Resort
The New Disney Star Wars Hotel
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser. A once-in-a-lifetime, out-of-this-world, completely immersive, all-inclusive, Imagineered two-day adventure aboard the Starcruiser Halcyon. There’s nothing else like it anywhere else in the world.
Beyond the fact that staying at a Disney World Resort is an exceptional experience whether you’re by yourself or with a huge group of friends, there are also bonus perks that you can only get staying on Disney property.
Why Stay At A Disney World Resort Hotel?
- Discounted Disney Package pricing so you can save your money to purchase extra souvenirs and more of the amazing food you love
- Extra time in the parks with Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Hours
- The ability to purchase Genie + in advance and secure your chance to avoid the lines on your favorite attractions (scroll down to the “Things To Do” section for more details on Genie+)
- Easy travel to any of the parks via delightful transportation with spectacular views – they’re all like their own bonus attraction to start and end the day!
- Skyliner gondolas
…And the benefits don’t end there.
Have one of our expert Vacationeers book the magical vacation of your dreams to take advantage of our money-saving and time-saving knowledge, at no extra cost to you.
What Are The Disney Packages?
You can’t have a trip to Disney World without a ticket to get in and a place to sleep when you’re done with a day of unbelievable fun.
A Disney Package is a combination of park tickets and Disney hotel reservations, giving you the best deals and the greatest experiences.
Be your favorite Star Wars hero during the day and Sleeping Beauty at night, for less cost, less distance to travel to get to your bed at night, and less overall stress.
At this time, Disney package deals require that you purchase a minimum of 2 nights at a Disney World Resort Hotel and 2 days in one of the parks. Less than that won’t qualify for this particular discount.
HOWEVER, if you are planning a shorter trip, never fear.
Ear To There Travel can always find you your own special Disney World offer.
And once you book with us, we will keep our Mickey ears to the ground for any new special Disney deals that come along – which our Vacationeers can apply for you after the fact if the deal is lower than the price you originally booked.
Don’t miss out on a great, easy way to save money by having us book your Disney tickets, rooms, or packages that include both!
Things To Do At Disney World
Special Events and Annual Festivals
As if rides, parades, musical shows, characters, fireworks, light shows, amazing food and comfortable accommodations weren’t enough, Disney World redefines incredible year after year by adding new attractions, festivals, and special events of all kinds.
If you’re looking for something a little more, here are some Walt Disney World delights you might want to consider:
- Halloween at Disney World
- Disney After Hours Boo Bash
- Including trick or treating throughout Magic Kingdom and shorter lines for your favorite attractions
- Boo-tiful and scrumptious themed treats
- Not-so-scary seasonal shows
- Bewitching cavalcades
- Characters dressed up in autumnal costumes
- Disney After Hours Boo Bash
- Christmas at Disney World
- Disney Very Merriest After Hours
- Featuring magical yuletide shows, free holiday treats throughout the park, and shorter lines at your favorite attractions
- Christmas parades
- Candlelight processional in Epcot’s International Festival of the Holidays
- The Holiday Tree Trail in Disney Springs
- Ye Olde Christmas Shoppes in Magic Kingdom
- Beautiful holiday-specific, park-themed decor
- Disney Very Merriest After Hours
- RunDisney Events
- Epcot Special Events
Disney Springs & Beyond
You don’t even have to go inside the parks to have a wildly wonderful time at Walt Disney World. In Disney Springs you’ll find attractions, entertainment, shopping, food, and fun galore!
Whether you seek games, thrills, desserts, hands-on explorations, encounters, quiet mediations, royal treatment, or new swag, Disney World can provide it faster than you can say supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!
Disney World VIP Tours
Sure, Star Tours is great – but ever thought about taking it up a few levels and getting an above-and-beyond Private VIP Disney Tour around Walt Disney World?
You’ll be able to get into your favorite rides faster, see backstage, enjoy private transportation, learn insider information, customize your whole day – essentially, get the star treatment that very few others have experienced with your own private VIP Disney Tour Guide.
How Much Does a Disney World VIP Tour Cost?
$425-825/hour, depending on the season. (Minimum of 7 hours with a maximum of 10 guests.)
Worth it? Unquestionably.
They are filled with a wonderful, once-in-a-lifetime treasure trove of magical moments for any Disney fan.
They are also incredibly popular and book up fast.
So if it’s something you’re even remotely thinking about, get in touch with a Vacationeer today to start planning to make it possible.
Disney World Food
The eats you can find at Walt Disney World are of such high quality and enormous variety that Disney created an entire International Food & Wine Festival in Epcot.
But every day of the year, in every corner of Disney World property, you can find delicacies to delight any palate.
Best Restaurants in Disney World
Plan in advance to please foodies of all ages by getting reservations at any of these amazing eateries. Then set your GPS to the following locations post-haste:
- Jiko @ the Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Boathouse @ Disney Springs
- California Grill @ Contemporary
- Le Cellier Steakhouse @ Epcot
- Morimoto Asia @ Disney Springs
- Tiffins @ Animal Kingdom
- Topolino’s Terrace @ Riviera
- Yachtsman Steakhouse @ Yacht Club
Disney World Character Dining
Reservations are not only welcome but definitely recommended for these delightful and delicious, unique one-on-one experiences that are fun for the whole family.
Everyone’s gotta eat, right?
Why not eat with your favorite Disney characters at:
- 1900 Park Fare @ Grand Floridian
- Wonderland Tea Party at 1900 Park Fare @ Grand Floridian
- Akershus Royal Banquet Hall @ Epcot
- Chef Mickey’s @ Contemporary
- Garden Grill Restaurant @ Epcot
- Hollywood & Vine @ Hollywood Studios
- Story Book Dining at Artist Point with Snow White @ Wilderness Lodge
- Topolino’s Terrace @ Riviera
- Tusker House Restaurant @ Animal Kingdom
Disney Dining Reservations
You’re allowed to make dining reservations at Disney World starting 60 days before your desired reservation date.
Don’t skip getting a reservation if you want to enjoy the exquisite fare and unparalleled experience at the enchanting Walt Disney World restaurants.
Disney Dining Plans
At the moment, Dining Plans aren’t available. But Disney tells us the Disney Dining Plans will be coming back. We just don’t know yet specifically when.
There are four types of pre-paid dining plans with a certain number of meal credits redeemable per day at different locations, depending on which eateries you prefer to frequent:
- Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan
- Disney Dining Plan
- Disney Dining Plan Plus
- Disney Deluxe Dining Plan
If you’re eager to be kept in the loop when they become available once again, sign up for our newsletter and we’ll make sure you’re among the first to know!
Where Is Disney World in Florida?
Walt Disney World is located in Orlando, Florida.
As Scar might say, Be Prepared for all possibilities.
The only thing predictable about Florida weather is that it can be a mite unpredictable.
Be sure to pack:
- Raincoat or Poncho
- Comfy shoes
Disney World Tips
The Best Time To Visit Disney World
The possibilities for creating a great vacation are so endless that, truly, whenever you want to go is the best time to visit Walt Disney World in Florida.
But if you have a specific goal in mind, Ear To There Vacationeers can help you navigate the stuff you’d like to avoid.
Below are very general guidelines, but it really takes a conversation with our amazing Disney travel agents to figure out the best times for you because there are many factors to consider and Disney is constantly changing up the details.
- Avoiding the heat? Best: October – March | Worst: End of May – Early August
- Avoiding the crowds? Best: End of January- Early February, March, September | Worst: any weekend with a Monday holiday, any special events but especially Christmas & New Year’s & Easter breaks, summer
- Avoiding the cost? Best: End of August – Early September, Sunday – Thursdays | Worst: Christmas, any time there are special events
If you’re wondering about your young ones and when the best age is for them to visit, it’s never too early to take your kids to Disney World.
- Children under 3 are always free.
- There is no height or age requirement for having fun at Disney World. There are truly rides, shows, restaurants, experiences for every age, every need, and every preference in every park and at every hotel, including the ittiest-bittiest of you.
- Family photos last forever. You’ll be able to show your kiddos spectacular photos of all your smiling faces for years to come.
Make magical family memories that they may not remember, but you will never forget.
Our Vacationeers are some of the best Disney travel agents in the business, so they know just how to design the vacation of your dreams.
If you aren’t ready to book yet, that’s fine too. Sign up for our newsletter to be alerted when special deals go live so you can get in on all the magic whenever you are ready.
Ear To There Travel is EarMarked by Disney. What does that mean?
It means that our Vacationeers are some of the best Disney travel agents in the biz, so we officially represent Disney.
Ear To There is an Authorized Disney Vacation Planning company. Disney destinations are our specialty, our focus, our passion.
In order to become EarMarked, you must maintain a multi-year track record of booking a high volume of Disney vacations and demonstrating your Disney expertise. You must also maintain the highest of standards in providing fantastic service for the discerning Disney guest that has come to expect a detailed, well-structured, easy experience.
4 Great Reasons To Work With A Disney Authorized Travel Agent
- You’ll save money.
- You’ll save time.
- You’ll save energy, effort, and emotional distress.
- You’ll feel confident being in the know and having easier access to the vacation of your dreams.
Don’t settle for just excellent. We can provide you with extraordinary.