Here’s the thing: when I’m on vacation, I eat like I’m on vacation! It’s not that I don’t enjoy a nice salad or vegetarian dish every once in a blue moon, but if I’m in Walt Disney World on vacation, I’m probably looking for the closest, most delicious piece of red meat available! Let’s take a look at the Five Fabulous Steak Joints in Walt Disney World!
5. Le Cellier
– Let’s get this one out in the open right away! I took A LOT of heat for naming this Canada Pavilion restaurant as one of my “Most Overrated Disney Restaurants” (if you missed that one, you can read all about it HERE
). My point was that it is overrated because of how difficult it is to get reservations for and the food has slipped in recent years to the point where it is no longer a “must-do” Disney dining experience. That doesn’t mean that it’s not still a great place to get steaks, however! Le Cellier’s Filet Mignon, Angus New York Strip, and Black Angus Ribeye still rank way above the majority of steaks you’ll find in most places on Walt Disney World property! Start off the meal with the Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup (made with Moosehead beer!) and now you’re talking!
4. Be Our Guest
– I had been to Be Our Guest once before on a business trip over the summer of 2015. I went for lunch, had the Croque Monsieur for my lunch with the Master’s Cupcake (cupcake with “The Gray Stuff” inside) and really liked it. I didn’t love it, however, but that didn’t stop me from going back for dinner with my family this past January. On our dinner trip, I ordered (of course) the Grilled Strip Steak with Garlic Herb Butter and Pomme Frites, and two words kept going through my head the entire time: Holy Shamoly! Yep, that’s a word, you can look it up! I couldn’t believe how good this steak was! It was so good, that, as a travel agent, it is the first meal that I recommend to my meat-eating clients. Go for the awesome ambiance, the Chimay Blue, & to meet The Beast, but stay for the steak! You will not be disappointed!
3. Kona Cafe
– This is a bit of a surprise on this list only because Kona Cafe is more well-known for their awesome Tonga Toast for breakfast and sushi and seafood dishes for lunch and dinner. What so many people will skip right over at this fantastic restaurant located in the Polynesian, however, is their awesome New York Strip! I had this steak on a vacation a couple of years ago and it was absolutely one of the best steaks I’ve ever had not just in Walt Disney World, but anywhere! So if your family is in the mood for shrimp or sushi and you’re looking for a nice piece of red meat, look no further than Kona! Oh, and you can also get that New York Strip with some eggs for breakfast, if you’re in the mood!
– Technically this restaurant is not a Walt Disney World restaurant, but since it is still located within the boundaries of WDW, I absolutely had to include it! If you’re a guy, Shula’s might be the best dining experience you can have in all of Central Florida (and you don’t even have to be a Dolphins fan!) The place has the look and feel of an old school, authentic steakhouse and the steaks do not disappoint to say the least! If you have the guts (both literally and figuratively!) step up to the plate and try to conquer their 48-ounce porterhouse steak. If you do take it down, you’ll join Shula’s 48oz. Club, which currently boasts over 35,000 members! It’s no “Old 96er,” but it’s close!
– The best steaks your’e going to find anywhere on Walt Disney property can be found at the Yacht Club Resort’s meat mecca. There are several options and different kinds of steaks here, and honestly you’re not going to go wrong with any of them! The one steak that really stands out here, however, is the 32-ounce Porterhouse for Two (yes, that’s 32!) Their signature steak is dry-aged for 21 days (you can even see them in the dry-aging room right inside the restaurant) and cooked to absolute perfection!
I’m far from a food snob but I like what I like, and I like steak! So the next time you’re in Walt Disney World and you’re looking for a wonderful steak, I hope you remember this list! As always, I’m sure I’ve left some of your favorites off the list. By all means, please let me know what great steak places I failed to include in this list! Thanks, as always, for reading and please make sure to leave that ketchup on the table, the steak doesn’t need it!
If you’re thinking about taking a Disney vacation soon, whether it’s Walt Disney World, Disneyland, the Disney Cruise Line, Aulani in Hawaii or Adventures By Disney, I can help! I offer concierge level service and will take care of any and all planning for you, and I will do that 100% FREE OF CHARGE!