Walt Disney World is the number one family vacation destination in the entire world. With amazing, world class theme parks, incredible hotels, thrilling water parks, and endless dining options, any family can run around for weeks there and not get to experience it all. But what about when, as an adult, you'd rather sit in the sun and enjoy a nice, cold, drink or two (or three…I'm not judging)? Let's check out WDW for Grown Ups: 5 World Showcase Drinks You Should Try.
5. Grey Goose Slush – Located across the walkway from Les Chefs de France (what's awesome is when I write, I don't have to use my terrible French accent!) is a small cart that specializes in a couple of signature slushes. One is the Orange, Grand Marnier slush which you absolutely should try sometime! The other, though, and in my opinion the showstopper of the stand, is the Grey Goose Slush. Made with Grey Goose Citron Vodka and frozen lemonade, this is the perfect drink to help cool you down from a long afternoon of walking around in the hot Florida sun!
4. Jalapeño Margarita – You can find this one in the usually very busy La Cava del Tequila inside the pyramid in the Mexico pavilion. La Cava opened in 2009 and is seemingly standing-room only almost every time I wander in. There are several fantastic margaritas on the menu but my favorite by far is the Jalapeño Margarita. Made with El Mayor Premium White Tequila, lime juice, cucumber and agave nectar, it is refreshing and pretty darn spicy. There are little green specks in this drink that are actually tiny pieces of jalapeño, so it's not for someone who doesn't like a little heat on the back end of each sip!
3. Schofferhofer Grapefruit Hefeweizen – While this beer isn't sold only in Walt Disney World (as a matter of fact you can find it in most craft beer stores around the country) I had to mention it because of it's crazy popularity among Disney fans. You can pick this beer up in three different locations in the Germany pavilion: the kiosk closest to the World Showcase Lagoon, the kiosk on the right hand side of the pavilion when you walk in, and at the Sommerfest stand that is located near the Biergarten check in desk. When you see the word “grapefruit” in the title you might think that this one is a little sour but it's actually really sweet and hits the spot on one of those hot days! Be prepared (like Scar!) to wait in a line though because, like I mentioned earlier, this is a popular choice!
2. Frozen Red Stag Float – You can find this bad boy over at the Fife and Drum Tavern in the front of the American Adventure pavilion. It's a mix of frozen Odwalla Lemonade and Jim Beam's Red Stag Bourbon. Okay, confession time: A few years ago my brother, Shawn, and I got a little carried away with these drinks. It was hot (June) and he was helping my wife and I push around three kids in Epcot for several days. We probably spent about $100 each on these drinks over the course of a week and I'm not even kidding! Just a word of caution: they're pretty strong, and they don't taste like it! Be careful and take your time with these!
1. La Fin Du Monde – Speaking of stronger drinks, this is my favorite beer to get in all of Epcot's World Showcase. You can find it over at the little popcorn and beer stand in the Canada pavilion. La Fin Du Monde is a strong Abbey Tripel beer that is actually pretty moderately-priced when it comes to WDW standards. As a matter of fact, the same-sized beer that I buy at my local craft beer store is only one dollar less than the one you buy at Epcot. I may be biased when it comes to my love for this one because it is always the way I celebrate running a runDisney marathon or half marathon in the parks. Nothing hits the spot after putting in 26.2 miles like a La Fin Du Monde!
Of course, I'm sure I left your favorite World Showcase adult beverage off of my list. I'd love to hear what drink you head straight for while in Epcot's permanent World's Fair, so let me know! Comment here on this page, on Facebook, or send me an email or a Facebook message. I'm looking forward to hearing from you!