If you’re a devoting-full-time-to-floating type, this 3-acre oasis is for you because Stormalong Bay is definitely the best pool at Walt Disney World, Florida.
Pirates prepare to plunge in.
Below is everything you need to know about this treasured, so-much-more-than-a-pool, essentially-mini-bonus-water-park of magical Disney property.
But if you’re watching the projected vacation bill go up and you don’t want to purchase separate tickets for a water park, train your nautical telescope toward Stormalong Bay for your next Orlando vacation. That way you can focus entirely on taking advantage of the Walt Disney World parks and hanging out at your resort’s pool – plus a little golfing or shopping on the side if that’s what your family digs.
We’re going to explore the who, what, where, when, why, how of Stormalong Bay – to show you what makes it a water lover’s paradise:
- Who is allowed in Stormalong Bay? Who will like it the most?
- What’s inside Stormalong Bay?
- Where is Stormalong Bay located?
- When is Stormalong Bay open?
- Why is Stormalong Bay so awesome (aka the 7 best, most unique things about it)?
- How do you get access to Stormalong Bay?
Truthfully, many would even argue that it’s not just the best resort pool in Walt Disney World, it’s the best pool on any Disney property, anywhere on the planet!
Read ahead, mateys, to see if you agree.
Who Is Stormalong Bay Best For?
Stormalong Bay is all-around, all-ages welcome, refreshing family fun!
With amazing slides and activities, it appeals to teens and tweens.
With a toddler-sized slide, shallow but sandy play spaces, and life jackets provided for kids of any size and weight, it looks out for the littles.
With tons of lifeguards to keep everyone safe, convenient snack bars that also serve tropical cocktails, and even quiet leisure areas for anyone looking to kick back, it’s very adult-friendly.
Just like Walt Disney World itself, there is truly something for everyone here.
Want those guests to be you and your family?
For unlimited access to Stormalong Bay, use our easy, no-obligation quote form to contact one of our Ear To There Vacationeers (awesome, Authorized Disney travel agents) who can help you get booked ASAP at no extra cost to you.
Our vacation planning services are completely free and our Vacationeers are passionate experts about everything Disney travel and beyond.
What’s In Stormalong Bay?
Stormalong Bay is enormous. It’s a little water kingdom.
Here’s some of what it offers:
- A 750,000-gallon splash zone
- 3 enormous, lagoon-style leisure pools
- A sand-bottomed shallow play area
- Hot tubs
- Whirlpool spas
- A lazy river
- Two slides
- One is 150 feet high in the air and running a very speedy 230 feet long
- One is miniature for toddlers who aren’t ready for the big kids’ slide yet
- A shipwreck
- Small, decorative waterfalls
- Waterside food and drink options with:
- Hurricane Hanna’s Bar and Grill, with an easy, to-go option for anyone who wants to stay in their swimsuit and eat by the pool
- Cabanas, reservable for half or full days, featuring:
- Cushioned lounging
- A stocked mini-fridge
- A fruit basket
- Cocktail service
- A fan
- A television
- A safe
- Charging outlets
- Feeling like a million bucks with your dedicated space and pool-side service
Where Is Stormalong Bay?
Stormalong Bay is located on the Yacht Club Resort property, and it’s shared by the Beach Club Resort & Villas that all reside on Crescent Lake.
If you’re in the area, you can’t miss the lighthouse decor and “Insta-worthy” winding bridges that compose the nearly 3-NFL-fields-long recreational area.
From here you can walk or cruise in a boat to either Epcot or Hollywood Studios.
You can also take the Skyliner to Hollywood Studios, which almost feels like sneaking in an extra ride as you gently sway in the gondolas overlooking some of the most beautiful stretches of central Florida.
When Is Stormalong Bay Open?
Wonderful news! Stormalong Bay is open daily, year-round so you can counteract the heat in the summer and relax in style with heated pools in the winter.
If you’re trying to decide between vacationing at Walt Disney World vs. Disneyland, you’ve probably already learned that California’s weather is generally superior to Florida’s weather.
But if you’re aiming to enjoy Stormalong Bay, it helps even the playing field.
Pool hours are generally between 10 am and 10 pm daily and weather-permitting (the lifeguards keep in touch with the Disney meteorologist who watches out for lightning), but hours can expand to 7:00 am-12:00 pm during the busiest times of the year.
Why Is Stormalong Bay Unique?
If you’ve read this far, you already know that Stormalong Bay is awesome.
Let’s sum up the most popular features of this beloved Disney resort hotel attraction, with the 7 reasons Stormalong Bay is the best pool at Walt Disney World:
- For a “pool,” it’s enormous. With this much room to welcome everyone, it would even make King Triton proud to vacation at Walt Disney World.
- It’s family-friendly. No one will be left out or left wanting (except perhaps when your vacation is over, of course).
- You won’t go hungry or thirsty. You won’t even need to head back to your room to change to pick up a scrumptious meal.
- It has a waterslide so epic that it almost makes you wonder why people don’t like walking the plank! (BTW, if waterslides are a must-have on your vacations, make sure you check out the AquaDuck on the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy cruise ships; a Disney cruise might just need to be part of your next family travel destination.)
- You can get the royal treatment with a personal cabana. Reach out now and let us know here if this is something you’re interested in because cabanas can be reserved starting 60 days before your vacation and they don’t stay available for very long.
- Even though it’s outdoors, it’s open all day, all year long. If you’re staying at the Yacht Club or the Beach Club resorts or villas in Walt Disney World, you’ll have as much access as you want (weather and hours permitting) without paying extra for it.
- It’s gorgeous and relaxing. It really doesn’t get better than this. With the charm of conventional resort pools and the next-level service, decor, and variety of a high-level Disney property, you may enjoy Stormalong Bay as much as any day in a Disney park.
How Do You Get Access To Stormalong Bay?
Go ahead and spoil yourself.
Whether you want to indulge in a beach read without having to haul your stuff down to some random, unguarded water’s edge, or you want your kids to be able to wear themselves out in one place but still eat regularly without wasting time showering and changing – or carrying snacks around – you deserve Stormalong Bay.
Remember, any guests of the Yacht Club Resort, Beach Club Resort, or Beach Club Villas – aka gorgeous digs that are easily among the best hotels near Epcot – can spend as much time in Stormalong Bay as they wish.
Talk to one of Ear To There Travel’s Vacationeers about a free, no-obligation Disney vacation quote and get answers to any questions you may have.
With our completely fee-free planning services, you may even get some extra time to put your feet up before you head on vacation.
Let us help take the stress of planning off your plate and ensure that you get the very best Disney deals available on your next vacation.