The warning signs had been there for years: I worked in Walt Disney World in college, after college I proposed to my wife in front of Cinderella Castle, we honeymooned in Disneyland, and I had more Disney books on my bookshelf and on my Kindle than any man should. Then, one day more than a year ago, I was applying to open my own Disney-centered business, and there it was: I was (and obviously I still am) a Disney Fanatic. Let me help you see the warning signs before it’s too late for you, too. You Might Be A Disney Fanatic If…
- Your iPod has just as many Disney songs on it as any other songs.
- You walk into a public place, inhale, and say “Wow, this smells just like Disney!”
- Anytime someone says “Let’s get down to business” you sing “To defeat…the Huns!”
- You have at least one pet who’s named after a Disney character.
- You’ve bought all of the Disney animated movies several times over: VHS, DVD, Blu Ray…can’t we just agree to ignore whatever format comes next?
- You have a Disney magnet or bumper sticker on your car. My favorite is “My Other Car Is A Monorail”
- You have a collection of Disney Beanie Babies, Beanie Boos, or Tsum Tsums.
- You know the EXACT dates of 180 days, 60 days, or 30 days before your next Disney vacation and can name them off the top of your head.
- You don’t bat an eye when you buy a cheeseburger, fries, and a soft drink for $15.
- You know how to spell Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (I promise I didn’t look that up!)
- You know what a Zebra Dome is and where to find one.
- You’ve ever eaten one of these:
- You understand this sentence: “I had an ADR for BOG at MK but had to cancel because it was time for my FP for 7DMT.”
- You still miss the Disney Channel program, Vault Disney.
- You have a Disney tattoo (or you’ve at least thought about getting one!)
- You see Orlando’s summer weather forecast and it’s going to be Sunny and 90 degrees, you think: “Hey, that’s not bad!”
- You know who Trader Sam is.
- You know where Trader Sam’s is.
- At least one of your alert sounds or ringtones on your phone is Disney related.
- You’d never eat an apple an old lady gave you:
If you are like this or know someone like this, please, don’t get help! People who are true Disney fanatics are some of the happiest and most content people on the planet! There’s nothing wrong with a little bit of Disney Magic in your life each and every day. So Hakuna Matata! Go whistle while you work, wish upon a star, and never forget to let it go!
If you’re thinking about taking a Disney vacation soon, whether it’s Walt Disney World, Disneyland, the Disney Cruise Line, Aulani in Hawaii or Adventures By Disney, I can help! I offer concierge level service and will take care of any and all planning for you, and I will do that 100% FREE OF CHARGE!