Enchantment, romance, excitement, relaxation, luxurious accommodations, celebration – you can have it all with a honeymoon at Disney World in Florida!
With delightful vacation possibilities worldwide, it can be difficult for couples to decide between land or sea, a bustling city or a beachfront bungalow, international escapades or downhome explorations… but with Walt Disney World, it’s all yours for the taking.
You don’t even have to agree on which country to travel to. Tour the world showcase at Epcot and visit all 11 featured there.
Whether you’re craving a wild, playful party with crazy characters, a fanciful AAA Five Diamond restaurant, and private romantic adventures – or all of the above – there is something for every couple’s tastes, dreams, and budget.
There happens to be one “most magical place on earth.”
You young-at-heart newlyweds deserve to be there, turning your honeymoon into a “Disneymoon” and being catered to like the VIPs that you are.
And what would you say if you could even get completely free, concierge-level services to take the stress out of planning your trip? Someone to keep an eye out for new discounts or little-known, lovely bonuses to add to your itinerary? Wedding planning is enough work – why not let someone else take the helm of all the stressful, confusing, busy work of the honeymoon?
Good news! That is exactly what EarMarked (aka Disney authorized agency) Ear To There Travel does.
Full-service Disney travel planning at absolutely no extra cost to you.
Fill out our easy-peasy, no-obligation, fee-free vacation quote today. Then spend more time with your sweetheart, dreaming of future delights and riding off into the magical sunset, Disney-style.
Which Resort Is Best For A Honeymoon At Disney World?
One of the best things about Walt Disney World is the 33 distinct Disney hotels on the Disney property. Hugely different in terms of style but all equally enjoyable to relax in, with access to:
- 4 amusement parks
- Magic Kingdom
- Hollywood Studios, plus Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
- Animal Kingdom
- 2 water parks
- Typhoon Lagoon
- Blizzard Beach
- Disney Springs
- ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
- 4 golf courses, plus mini golf
- … the pleasurable possibilities are endless!
If you already know you’d like to spend your time primarily in one area when you’re not chilling at the hotel, choose your honeymoon resort by location – such as one of the best hotels near Epcot or one of the best hotels near Magic Kingdom.
Keep in mind that Florida has sunny weather year-round. If you’re already planning on a honeymoon at Disney World during the busy, warm summer months, you might opt for access to the best pool at Walt Disney World: Stormalong Bay. For the greatest water experiences outside the water parks, book the Yacht Club Resort or Beach Club Resort because that’s the only way you’ll have access to Stormalong Bay.
Above all, when you choose where to rest your royal heads at night (because you deserve spoiling like royalty), remember that there are no bad options in the whole bunch.
The very best choice for you depends on your priorities as a couple.
Whether or not the rooms are called “honeymoon” suites, all of them are special-occasion-magnificent and sweet upgrades are available if you are looking for over-the-top pixie dust.
The Top Two Disneymoon Resorts
Here are the two arguably most romantic spots to stay for a honeymoon at Disney World:
Polynesian Village Resort
A tranquil paradise with South Pacific-inspired decor, the beachy Polynesian is like being in Hawaii – but perhaps better because you’ll have all the parks and Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto and Tiki Bar along with breathtaking, peaceful views.
As for the accommodations:
- Polynesian has an actual “honeymoon room”
- There are deluxe studios or suites with numerable view options of the Seven Seas Lagoon, Magic Kingdom, the marina, or the Polynesian pool and luscious grounds
- Villas and bungalows are out on the water, boasting kitchens, hot tubs, lake views (complete with the fireworks at night), and plenty of space to relax when you want a break from the boisterous energy of the rides and the parades.
Amenities abound as well:
- Disney movies under the stars
- Campfire activities
- Motorized boat rentals
- An electrical water pageant
- Merchandise delivery and pickup so you don’t have to carry your treasures around
- Complementary monorail, water taxi, or bus around Walt Disney World
Port Orleans – French Quarter
More moderately priced than Polynesian, Port Orleans – French Quarter is no less spectacular and charming.
Even if you don’t end up staying here, at least take a horse and carriage ride at night. It’s incredibly intimate, gorgeous, and cannot be recommended highly enough for a couple on a romantic getaway.
*ROMANTIC SIDE NOTE: Also a fabulous place to propose if you’re still in the “dreaming of someday” stages of planning…
- Garden views
- River views
- Pool and grounds views
- Standard views
- There are even royal suites like the one pictured below (but they book up quickly and might not always be available)
- Carriage rides (as mentioned above)
- Cajun campfire activities
- Disney movies under the stars
- Bike rentals
- Surrey bike rentals
- Game spaces and an arcade
- Merchandise delivery and pickup
- Complementary water taxi or bus to parks and other parts of Walt Disney World
But remember, you don’t have to reserve either of the above suggestions to have the vacation of a lifetime.
Do you have a favorite hotel or one you’ve always dreamed of splurging on?
Where To Eat On Your Honeymoon At Disney World
There are over 400+ divine eateries to dig into on the Disney World property, so you ought to have no problem meeting your culinary needs and exceeding your fantastical expectations.
The following might be worth your “not to miss” list because you may just be experiencing some of the world’s finest, Michelin star-awarded chefs:
- Victoria & Alberts at the Grand Floridian Hotel and Spa – the ultimate in opulent fine dining, putting timeless elegance and award-winning, creative cuisine at the forefront
- California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort – a good setting for celebrations, with serene overhead views of the Disney property, mimosa flights for breakfast, and champagne flights for dinner
- AbracadaBar – the magical, mystical, mysterious bar at Disney’s BoardWalk
- Enchanted Rose – the Beauty and the Beast-inspired lounge at the Grand Floridian
- The chef’s table at The BOATHOUSE in Disney Springs
- Morimoto Asia (yes, as in, Chef Morimoto from Iron Chef America) in Disney Springs
Or whatever sounds fun to you two!
What To Do During Your Honeymoon At Disney World
Activities that are fun for couples beyond the typical enjoyment of the attractions, foods, and fun offered in the parks:
- Massages or salon treatments
- An evening fireworks cruise or a cruise around Disney Springs before dinner
- Travel the world in Epcot, no passport required
- Shopping, bowling, concerts, movies, plus more rides and events like Cirque du Soleil’s Drawn To Life at Disney Springs
- Safari through the Animal Kingdom with a Wild Africa Trek to get up close and personal with Disney’s wild animal conservation efforts and the delectable delicacies of Africa
- Do tequila tasting flights in Mexico in Epcot
- Earn sangria certificates at the Coronado Springs Resort
- Take a Disney VIP tour for a bespoke, backstage kind of experience plus skipping certain attraction lines
Special Disney Insider Tips
Disney cast members (aka the staff) LOVE to celebrate with guests and create unexpected magical moments, so don’t hesitate to share that you’re newlyweds.
It’s by no means guaranteed, but couples sometimes receive special decor at their tables, special treats in their rooms, character autographed trinkets, free drinks, free personalized desserts, etc.
If that’s something you might like, here are a couple of ways to share that you’re Disneymooning:
- Mention it with the resort booking
- Mention it with dining reservations
- Stop at City Hall in any of the parks to get “happily ever after” pins
- Wear bride and groom Mickey ears…
… or other fun merch…
If you’d like to ensure fruit, wine, or chocolate is waiting for your love when you first arrive, purchase it in advance so the resort can have it waiting in your room.
You should also check out the Disney honeymoon registry, where you can share with family and friends what you’re hoping to purchase and do on your honeymoon. Then they can “buy” that experience for you as your wedding gift (which translates to a Disney eGift Card that never expires and can be spent however you like!).
The registry is a free service. (Be aware though: receiving the gift card doesn’t mean anything is reserved for you. But Ear To There Travel can still handle the bookings.)
The “don’t forget” list for a honeymoon at Disney World:
- Comfy shoes
- Great way to take pictures (with oodles of space and battery life)
- Layers (especially a rain jacket)
- Outfits that make you feel good
You don’t have to be rolling in dough to have a magical honeymoon at Disney World.
It’s all about prioritizing/balancing what you want to do and leaving room for the unexpected and simply enjoying each other’s company – as newlyweds should get to do!
Since every couple’s desires are unique, it’s hard to pinpoint a price approximation. But basically, park tickets start at $109 per day/per person, and hotels average $400+ a night. For a week-long honeymoon at Disney World, you’re probably looking at $5,000 give or take.
Things affecting the overall cost:
- Time of year
- Length of stay (daily prices for park tickets and rooms often go down the longer you’re there)
- Extra activities
- Your room
- Upgraded airfare
There are sometimes packages available. There is certainly wiggle room for individual needs and tastes. We can suggest all kinds of lower or higher adjustments. Just let us know!
Want More Magical Honeymoon Ideas?
Disney provides great options even beyond Walt Disney World.
Ride The Ocean
Plenty of Disney cruises leave from Florida.
Add an extra romantic getaway to the beginning or end of your honeymoon at Disney World.
Or book only a cruise and revel in that all-inclusive pricing.
Roam The Farthest Reaches Of The Earth
Did you know that Disney also hosts worldwide escapes and adventures exploring the storied thrills of the world that have nothing to do with Disney?
You can go wherever your heart dreams of and get impeccable service (plus unparalleled attention to detail) with Adventures by Disney.
Above all, remember:
It’s. Your. Honeymoon. Your time to just relax.
Let us know what you’re looking for and if you have any questions. Ear To There Travel will do all we can to make a tale as old as time, song as old as rhyme, romantic vacation for you to start your forever fairytale.